Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New Look, Same Vital Mission, 10 Years Strong






Have you visited Darkness To Light's new website? I encourage you to do so; as always, there is extensive, vital information on child sexual abuse prevention, recognition and resolution, but now the format makes navigation easier. Please share the site with friends, family, colleagues...all the folks you know who can make a difference in the life of a child and a community.
Darkness To Light is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year and while I wish with all my heart there was no reason for this great organization to exist, there is, and so, also with all my heart, I am grateful for Anne Lee's vision and commitment to educating adults on preventing child sexual abuse. Prevention IS possible; Anne has known that all along, and she, surrounded by devoted, talented, tireless individuals has steadfastly, doggedly pursued her dream of a world free from CSA. Almost 3000 facilitators around the world deliver the award-winning 2.5 hour Stewards of Children prevention training and every day that number grows. Every adult those facilitators train may mean as many as 10 children safer from sexual abuse.
And so, though I hope there will be a day, sometime soon, when Darkness To Light's work is done and they/we can all call it a day in a world free of CSA, in the meantime, I salute Anne and her team for all that they do. I am proud to be a part of that team and I know, in their capable hands, we are making a difference, one day, one training, one child at a time. Happy Birthday, D2L!


1 comment:

  1. Darkness To Light...an organization dedicated to preventing child abuse...I salute you!! And I salute Susan for her ceaseless effort to protect our children.

    ReplyDelete